I'm sat on a crowded, hot dusty bus at the moment on the way back from Southmead Hospital, it is my 4th bus journey of the day so since I have my laptop with me I thought I'd break the tedium -- mobile technology has its up-sides huh :).
I've actually been back at the office a week or so, working from home didn't hugely suit me actually, the backroom was dark and cramped and the chair/desk uncomfortable and besides it was easy to 'work' for 8-10 hours a day whilst still not feeling a huge sense of accomplishemnt because of the frequent daydreams and distractions. Nevertheless I like having the opportunity to work in cafes etc. Until yesterday, my knee-rehabilitation was going GREAT. I was feeling good, walking lots, exercising daily, looking forward to getting back on th biciyle etc. But then I tried to do a handstand yesterday (i know, iknow) and promptly tore part of a hamstring. Hence visit to hospital. So I am back taking it easy again.
I am looking forward to visiting Sweden later this year and Northern Ireland sometime in the Spring. If this pattern continues of making friends who shoot off & live overseas, I will never have to take a 'conventional' holiday againg in my life!
In life and in faith I couldn't ask for more encouragement, and God the Holy Spirit has spoken to me many times through friends, strangers, teachers and scriptures. Still, though, I lack steadfastness and wisdom. The way I lead my lfe 2 or 3 years ago seemed carefree and often carried along by the wind. But I guess underneath that, character can remain moth-bitten and when that comes under trial it is impossible to find an escape, it is necessary to go through that hard process of growing up spiritually and being unwilling to accept getting stuck in a relatively 'safe' but unpromising place. now that i mull this over and put it to words, the scripture that comes to mind is Isaiah 41(i think) 'to walk and not faint', and to wait on the Lord for renewing of strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment