Thursday, January 25, 2007

bummer

drove all the way to gatwick to meet dust'n'amy and their 18-mth old daughter sadie. i waited, waited, but they didn't emerge... turns out their airline overbooked and left them stranded at the beginning of a four-leg journey home. for me, a 300 mile round trip for nothing was no fun, but of course that's nothing on the awkwardness for them of having to rebook the whole thing, and her being 35 weeks pregnant. that's what we technically call a major bummer.

I was too tired to complete the drive back, so I stopped at a service station and slept in my car. It was supposed to be a snooze but I woke up hours later feeling very chilly, and realised it had snowed overnight.

Last night I got the news that Luke and Nads are moving to London, so I guess I'll be moving too, a lot sooner that expected. Another new chapter on its way for all of us!

2 comments:

sofiacarlbert said...

Really! had no idea that they had plans on moving??? That means i never got to see them! what a shame...

So where are you moving? any plans?
Bless!

pellucid said...

you know you can really tell the measure of someone by how they react to life's curve-balls.

nice reactions.