Monday, February 28, 2005

February 2005

By the beginning of February Emma had begun to get Katie and I together to talk about what to do in Easton. I had contacted Jim at Rawnsley House to discuss things and arrange a meeting (which after various postponements took place near the end of the month). One day we took a prayer walk around the house and met some of the people living there, had an ice cream, and went for an Afghan curry afterwards to discuss what we might actually do there.

Meanwhile Paul, Sofia and I got together to practice songs for Salt (My Funny Valentine, & "Hands" by Jewel). Later in the month Sofia and Paul also played at Marlow's open mic, with Jon Rees on double bass.

I was beginning to get closer with God and overcome some of my January troubles. On the 11th, J~Mo and I headed up to Cheltenham for the Glenfall House leaders' retreat. It was a joyful time where we really pondered 'agape' and asked ourselves (i) how much do we experience God's love ourselves, and (ii) how much does it characterize what we are doing in our lives and ministry? During the weekend I remember praying for & spending time with Chris C. and Rowland. On the Sunday, a large number of people prayed for me and gave me words some which were for the future and others which pinpointed my present situation:...



Paul and I were working hard on our garage / music room. We were learning about DIY and sound-proofing as we went. We had a disagreement the day before I went to Glenfall, but soon reconciled it and strengthened our friendship.

Jon Rees and I continued practicing most Fridays for our The Sky Is Blue duo. I was still car-less while I arranged the Subaru repairs; once I arranged to borrow Andy's car to attend a practice, but he forgot about it and drove to the gym instead, at which I got very cross. My relationship with Andy, Anna and Tim was generally quite poor at this time and I recognised I needed to start doing something about it, starting with my own attitudes.

At work I started leading the 'Twice Everest' team to make 555 ascents of the Cabot Tower and raise money for HopeHIV.

One memorable weekend was 19th/20th...
> On Saturday, Emma Katie and I got together for our first meeting with Jim at Rawnsley House. The meeting went better than we had even hoped for as I we realized Jim was a Christian whose vision for the flats and the area was greater than ours. Afterwards I had to hurry to meet Emelie at Tinto Lounge and plan our first youthwork Sunday (the following morning -- which went really well, as we used a coin and joined the youngsters in sharing about the good and bad times of life). We ended up back with Emma's flat with Katie and Sofia and (I think) Jonathan too, and after dinner I learnt what a 'huddle' was.
> On Sunday, after church I went to collect my chair from Emma's/Ian & Sarah's flat, and wrote out notes with Emma from the meeting with Jim. In the afternoon, Anne-Marie & Paul & I got together at the BV office and made a recording of four of her songs, including 'You Amaze Me'. It was a great time of musical chemistry, fun and above all worship.

No comments: