Thursday, March 03, 2005

il bordello

...was a really good gig. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with Jon--and from his blog i deduce his satisfaction too.

Remarkably, I wasn’t at all nervous. Jon was. I think that the problems we had beforehand with the gear, lack of electricity supply(!) etc. were causing Jon some stress but (perhaps thanks to 2years continuous troubleshooting at open mics) it actually gave me something to focus on, problem-solving and keeping everyone else calm, rather than worrying about the performance. We played v.well, considering. A few odd mistakes as you'd expect, and I'm sure my backing vocals are nowhere near up to scratch but you can only work with what you've got :-S. At the end Jon trashed a string doing one of his 'special' tunings so we had to borrow a guitar for the last two numbers. My work colleagues came & loved it, so did Ian Sills, PP & Adam, & it was great hanging out with a diversity of people in the dark sumptuous belly of a pleasure boat. footnote, the barman had befriended Beth & Fraser and so subverted the astronomical bar tariff by plying us with samples of their more exotic liquors.

No comments: