Today and yesterday I have not had a quiet time, apart from a few minutes reading scripture at work.
Both mornings I woke up late, tired and dull of mind, and went straight to work. This morning I walked in to work, but to be honest a 40-minute walk still doesn't provide a suitable setting for me to rest in God.
I have again had two late nights running, which doesn't help. So my attempts at disciplining my daily routine are meeting with much resistance.
The biggest problem is actually recognising it is time to wake up! Even though the alarm is sounding, I barely rise to the surface.. it has to go off 4 or 5 times before I acknowledge it's time to get up!
Funnily enough, if the postman calls or a housemate pops in to ask something, it's much easier to wake up.
I think it will be really difficult to do this, but: I am going to have to force myself to get up and do something specific at a specific time, every day for a week or 2. Even if I lurch downstairs grumpy with my eyes half closed. In fact, yes this is what I'll do -- go downstairs at 7:30, pour myself a juice and get some cereal ready. And just sit awhile and react to the shock of morning. Then get in the bathroom at 7:50 and get ready for work, and have enough time left to either: sit and read a devotional, or play some worship on my keyboard. I will try both. Worship could be the antidote to too much self-reflection or thoughtful analysis.
so this is how I am doing, as you can see not well yet but determined to keep taking steps
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment