

..it was a first, both for us and the festival.
Because we were giving away water, we were asked to be careful not to upset other traders who were selling it. It was a very hot weekend so many people who came to the tent were very grateful for the water! We just put ourselves in a position of service to whoever came along. I ended up fanning a lot of people to help them cool down as they sheltered.
The tent was put up and decorated by some amazing volunteers. They made the inside feel so special, cosy, airy, tardis-like. More than that, God's presence turned it into a real sanctuary. One of my highlights were the friends of mine who came and hung out at the tent. I also posted about this on the BV blog too by the way.
For me the weekend had some very interesting goings on which can't really share publicly. And I am rejoicing over my new brother and sister!, and the ups and downs they are encountering. The Saturday in particular also had some comedy moments that could easily have been very trying, as it happens i mostly just freaked out and laughed! Like when I had to leave the site after midnight in order to retrieve my sleeping bag and personal belongings, and then accidentally set a lady's pet dog loose and had to pursue it 3 streets before I could capture and return it, and ..well there's more, but you know..:)
No comments:
Post a Comment