Tuesday, August 01, 2006

last week I was at a school painting monkeys, trees, flamingo legs and lizards!.. it was part of the "Love Bristol" festival. Our project was to paint a mural designed by Nick Park (of Wallace & Gromit fame) on the playground wall of Connaught School in Knowle -- not far from where I have recently been living.

glimpse of mural
Because the mural is 120 feet long and only 5 feet high, it's hard to get a picture but here's a glimpse of it, including the lizard I 'designed'. I've always wanted to be a lizard designer so this was a great opportunity for me.

forest part of mural

I also went to my company's summer party. I took a picture of one of the desserts offered by the outside-catering firm...

swanicide
to me this brings up the whole 'jelly baby' debate about food shaped like living creatures? On one hand, these choux-pastry swans with praline cream were very eye catching and artistic. On the other, don't you feel a bit funny deciding whether to start by biting its head off or severing one of its wings?

No comments: