Thursday, October 25, 2007

conversations

with my band mates Jon Rees and Jon Blake last night

- (me) "crimbo"...ugh, i hate that word.
- (JR) i love it! what's wrong with "crimbo"? oh, you think it whould be kept as "christ"-mas...?
- no, far from it! i don't have to defend God by battling to keep his name in everything... i just think it's a silly, cringing word, i know what it means but i just cringe every time i hear it! it's like, hmm example, uh..."jim-jams"
- But I LOVE "jim-jams"!
- really?! hey Jon, you could try and go about your whole daily business one day using these kinds of words wherever possible, see what other reactions you get. "Hello, National Rail Enquiries? When is the next choo-choo to London?"
- (warming to the theme) Well quite! And THESE..(holds up hand).. they're not fingers.. they're FINGIES!

Later....

- (me) Well, that song will just have to wait until I've managed to borrow a proper accordion, or harmonium, or..
- (JB, interrupting) Did I ever tell you my idea for an instrument called the "pandamonium"?
- (starting to collapse into laughter...) pandemonium? what, where you would squeeze and pull a panda until a sound comes out?
- You'd need more than one panda! It would have giant keys which prodded or poked pandas -- of various sizes, of course, to produce different notes...in fact, you'd pretty much need the whole width of the stage for it...
- (in near hysterics)...not to mention most of the world's remaining supply of pandas!?
- But they'll love it!, i mean, who doesn't want to work in the music business?!?

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Good grief!

Jonathan said...

I agree with you on the Chrimbo thing. It also reminds me of scouseness (I know you understand).
"Ey fella, check out me new trainees."

planit said...

that was funny