Hello all,
As you might know, the Money Hospital team is changing – Martin leaving, Tom joining (congratulations!), and a freelance editor joining the crew one day a week.
So I’m writing to let you all know what is happening to my role. I joined as a Web Marketing Analyst in 2004 and have not been doing any of those responsibilities for a while now, so my role has been at risk of redundancy.
For the last 3 weeks we have been in a consultation period, and this week we agreed that my role will be made redundant under the new team structure.
I looked at the other internal positions but decided not to apply for them, as I’d like to expand my freelance writing, editing and marketing activities. Working 1 day a week outside the company has already given me a head start on that, so I think it’s time to take the plunge!
Next month will be my last month. I’m transferring some of my responsibilities to Tom once he’s back from holiday. Then I’ll be continuing to work with the Money Hospital team throughout August, writing and editing site content.
I won’t write any premature goodbyes or tributes as there’s still plenty of work to do, but I just wanted you all to be in the know.
It represents a big change personally, a small change professionally and a fond parting sentimentally. I enjoyed nearly five years at Add Momentum and was grateful for the chance to pen my own redundancy notice to colleagues.The web marketing analyst is dead… long live the copywriter!
No comments:
Post a Comment