On Sat. we had our Christmas dinner, (and why not?!-don't be a calendar-fascist! ;) which was such a lovely evening--in fact I woke up this morning feeling properly grateful to Anna Sofie & Helen who hosted it and made it what it was. OK, my+Andy's house and Helen's house act like one big household when it comes to meals, we often hang out and talk as well, and these have become some of my closest and most vital Christian friends. It's great some of the things we have been talking about, (that in my case otherwise I would most likely have just been keeping in). Among the things God has been getting through to me this week (incl at house group on Weds) has been that no, I can't just make it through on my own «background attitude alert» putting pressure on my self-discipline and so forth in order to get things right -- Community is in every way vital; it's not a luxury, and neither is it a one-way benefit! On reflection, this seems so basic and obvious but I guess I'm relearning it in a more personal way!
Anyway on my third dish of Ris a la mande I finally uncovered the almond and got to open the present!
Dilemmas of the week
in amongst that, lots of far lighter decisions have been seeming quite difficult too, think I need some Fatherly help!
.
1 comment:
Hi Mark, where to live? fancy a flat in Clifton about 10 mins walk from work? you will need 3 flat-mates though.
Post a Comment